Always creative, always enjoyable
Our team are truly creative people, who love generating beautiful work. We use the latest software to help us create excellent designs and have well-honed processes for taking our clients through their magazine design stages.
From a blank sheet of paper
By listening to gain an idea of your aims we can start to visualise layouts but first, we need to establish the magazine’s structure, format and pagination length
- After an initial consultation, we evaluate the publication’s viability and sustainability
- Offer guidance and advice if required
- We will establish, organise and prepare master pages in readiness to use in sections
- Based on master pages we can create a set of visuals to gain an aesthetic feel. The files will be shared electronically
- We can prepare designs according to editorial word counts and formats
- Allocate advertisement spacing and present dimensions for media packs
Working through the first issue
The primary stages of the production process allow us to be agile and creative later. Once we have a foundation and a clear route we can progress efficiently and effectively with the remaining aspects of the magazine.
- We start to send proofs of live content to ensure we are on the right track
- We can work with our clients to exchange more detailed ideas
- All finalised content and high-resolution images would be supplied in readiness to work through the publication
- Screen optimised PDF files will be submitted for proofing
Collaborative sign off
When it comes to signing off our work prior to printing, we work as efficiently as we can with you.
- Client is supplied with proof files and annotates them before submitting back to us so we can update the original artwork and its elements
- Our aim is to have fully completed pages by the third or fourth rounds of proofs
- We don’t send any designs to print without absolute authority from our clients
- Upon client sign-off, we will then prepare print-compliant PDF files for commercial printing
- We would remotely sign-off the technical aspect of the pages
- If required we can supply a digital version of your magazine for online viewing on any digital device
Successful designs require not just creativity but a keen eye for detail, layout and flow. Having produced so many magazines and for such a wide variety of clients, we have all the required skill and experience to produce the best quality designs whilst being mindful of cost and keeping an eye on the time.